Thursday, July 29, 2010

No More Walking on the Plastic

Trail that has been on the stairs, the hallway leading to the guest bedroom, the hallway leading...okay, pretty much everywhere upstairs. We are 'done' with the remodel, at least the big messy parts! All that is left is the hardware on the cabinets and towel rack and so on.

And this will no longer be known as the guest bedroom. My oldest daughter will now claim it as her bedroom. So that must say something about how nice this new addition is! The guest bedroom will now be in the basement.

The finished hallway, looks like it was this way the whole time:


The walk in closet, will soon have shelving and rods:


The new vanity area, this is six feet long so a very nice surface compared to what is in the basement:


The new shower/toilet area. The shower doors turned out nice. I didn't want the clear glass, which is the 'in' thing nowadays, but clear glass on a shower? I would not like that. I need some sort of privacy during a shower so I felt my guests would want some privacy also:


This whole remodel project has been long, but I endured it because I chose to have it done. I've been stuck at home for almost the entire month of July, but it's all been worth it. My kids have endured it with me and they've been great. Especially my two youngest ones, they had to put up with no bathrooms for a few days too.

I hope I don't have another vision for a remodeling project. I don't think so, so I think I'm ok, I hope. This is not to say we haven't had other projects going on around the house. We have had so much traffic of people coming and going for this and that. Some of this is due in part to the storm from June 1st, STILL! And we aren't even done with those repairs.

Gosh, now what am I going to do with my days? I can't speak too soon, there's a lot more going on here...

1 comment:

AMY said...

I am kind of bummed to see that the toilet doesn't really go in the shower... not...