Friday, July 30, 2010

For a Good Cause

For those that read my blog, you know the charity of choice for me is Holt. But I do have other charities I support. One is Locks of Love. I donated my hair many years ago, 10 inches is quite a lot of hair if you measure it. Then a few years later, I donated my hair again.

I've been thinking of doing this again over the years and the one time I was going to chop it off, the hair dresser talked me out of it. I've regretted that ever since. So now it's come up again, should I or shouldn't I? This time around though, I don't want to cut my hair. I know I will have cutter's remorse. I know this is only because I am so used to having long hair.

I don't have a hair style either. I've just let it be long and straight for a long time so I'm in a rut or my comfort zone. I don't get it cut on a regular basis, it's rare I will get it cut professionally. I just have never gotten into doing that.

Now I've made it a challenge to raise more money for Holt thru the Omaha marathon in September. Locks of Love is another charity for the marathon so now I have two charities in one place, so why not cut my hair at the marathon? Because I don't 'want' to cut my hair!

But it's for a good cause, for both charities. I set out the challenge, if Team Holt gets 20 registered walkers or runners for the marathon, I will cut my hair.

I can't back out now! Will I be saying good-bye to my long hair in September? To be continued...

1 comment:

AMY said...

It is a great cause. I only wish that I could be there to walk it!