Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Memories...Like the Corners...

Of high school! The past few days, I have been working on my high school class list for our 25 year reunion. Trust me, I never want to see another spread sheet again! And it only took me the very last day of updating to figure out how to sort and delete on excel. I know, I know, pretty pathetic, but that is how I learn things.

I don't know how many times I had to update, update again, and update again. Thank goodness the school foundation keeps a class list and it is to be the most up to date. Well, trust me, it isn't the most up to date. Thank goodness for facebook. Wish I had that medium for the first two reunions I planned. Reaching out to the masses with facebook is THE way to go.

After updating addresses, I had to put address labels on the invitations. Once again, thank goodness for the school foundation, they provide the labels! With one more update of addresses, I sent off to the foundation and they printed off the labels right then and there.

As I was taping the invitations, I received an email from the foundation stating I needed their return address on the outside in order to use their bulk mail code...um really? I already had the printing done and now I had to do the return address on 417 invitations?? Ugh! But have no fear, my hubby was at the foundation picking up the address labels so I had him ask them to print off labels of their return address...phew! Quick thinking! They were able to print off 360 for me, yes! And thank goodness for the foundation for the use of their bulk mail code so I didn't have to spend money on postage.

So all in all, it got done. 417 invitations later. As I was putting the address labels onto the invitations and reading each of the names, I was pretty impressed that I knew most of the 417 names.

I know there will be complaints, as I have heard them from past reunions, but this time, I don't have to shoulder the blame alone. I wasn't in charge of planning this reunion..eh hem..I just shouldered the huge task of the addresses and invitations only because the two planning the reunion didn't think about it until I mentioned it, at the 12th hour. There are only 142 out of 417 classmates on facebook, we had to include the rest, right?

All in all, it should be a fun reunion. This one is casual, come as you are, eat, drink and mingle and be the adults that we are...right? No more high school cliques, gossip, sneers, glares...we actually had some of this attitude at the 20 year reunion, go figure. I'm too old for that stuff and I don't put up with that either.

With all this done, now I can relax...well, a little. I'm still in the midst of the remodel...

No comments: