Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 3 & 4

Day three of the remodel didn't seem like much, but it was. More plumbing and the glue smell, wow! Don't know how they can stand that smell! Not many changes so no pictures for day three.

Day four seemed like the longest day for me. Came with the most changes and the most noise. The electrical was done so not too many pictures for that either.

Framed in the wall that was the alcove but will now be the future walk-in closet:


The doorway to the new walk-in closet:


Today shouldn't consist of much. Drywall guy is here to determine the amount of drywall needed. Plumbing inspector should be here later this morning. Then we wait until Monday. Should be even more drastic changes with the drywall up, I'm looking forward to that.

We built our last house so we know what all that entails. Remodeling is just as bad even though we aren't doing it ourselves. It disrupts our daily lives, I'm stuck inside all day, but I can't complain. I wanted this done and it looks like one more week...well, I'm hoping anyway. That is the goal.

I've had to let go of control and not let all the dust and traffic of people walking on my wood floors bother me. I think I've done well so far. I just strap on my vacuum and then mop up at the end of the day. This whole project still looks great in my head. Let's just hope it turns out just as great!

1 comment:

AMY said...

Good job Sistah!