Friday, January 18, 2008

Do daily beauty products lift you up?

Mine do because I use all Philosophy products. No, I am not selling Philosophy, but it really has made a difference in how I start off my day. I am one that loves to be in sweats and t-shirts, so don't be thinking I am high maintenance, far from it! So I want to share what I read each day and how it lifts me up, it really has helped me with my positive thinking:


My shampoo: Shear Splendor~(quoting)'we dream of the perfect life, perfect health, the perfect relationship even perfect hair. in doing so we lose sight of the most perfect thing there is. we call it 'the perfect plan'. it is the invisible energy life force that directs our every move, every triumph and every set back. it is a master plan that requires no perfection of God's plan. and in sickness and in health you drop to your knees and say thank-you for every perfect note played in your life's theme song. no matter what note is being played, we are required to dance.'
My conditioner~Shear splendor-'too often we are conditioned to believe that splendor comes from only the big events or the rollercoaster rides. yet the truest splendor is often ignited by the tiny spark of a child's innocent smile, by laughing with friends or by the daily ritual of falling in love over and over again with the same person. discover your splendor in the reality of what is simple, what is pure and what is real.'
Now I am switching to this conditioner: Amazing grace~'it is not 'if' we will lose the things we love, it is 'when.' with some, the loss comes in a major catastophic event. for most, love is surrendered one piece at a time...first childhood, a promising romance, the passing of a loved one, and finally a child who leaves home. but as we lose, can we not gain a deep knowing that in the presence of grace, love is eternal.'
My daily and nightly face cleanser: Purity~'purity is natural. we come into this world with all the right instincts. we are innocent, and therefore perceive things as they should be, rather than how they are. our conscience is clear, our hands are clean. and the world at large is truly beautiful. it is at this time we feel most blessed. to begin feeling young again, we must begin with the most basic step of all; the daily riutal of cleansing.'
My face wash when I feel like a teenager and I have acne: On a clear day~'what would it be like to have unblemished skin? well, there is no such thing. if skin were that perfect then that wouldn't be real, and you are real, we are sure of that. instead on focsing on what's wrong, focus on what is right.'
My shower gel: Empowermint~'become invisible. require no applause. never show off. no people pleasing. take yor directives from above, not below. be accountable for your mistakes. consider integrity and perserverance the keys to your success. strive to act on the higher good of yourself and others most importantly of all understand the value of daily rituals...wake-up, say a prayer of gratitude, potty, brush your teeth, work-out or work-in, breakfast, shower, prepare yourelf, prepare your children, and begin the most important day of your life. daily rituals are as important as daily prayers. when we lose them we lose our empowerment and in time we lose our way'.(this one was what helped me the most be more positive)
My daily face moisturizer: Hope in a jar~'where there is hope there can be faith. where there is faith miracles can occur.'
Extra moisturizer for when I feel I need that extra bit of help: Save me~'sometimes we just need to be saved from ourselves or from another.'
My body moisturizer: Amazing grace~'how you climb up the mountain is just as important as how you get down the mountain. and, so it is with life, which for many of us becomes one big gigantic lesson. in the end, it all comes down to one word. grace. it's how you accept winning and losing, good luck and bad luck, the darkness and the light.'
How can I NOT be more positive after reading all of that on a daily basis!

1 comment:

AMY said...

Guy, you are such a dichotomy. You are such a girlie-girl. But then again not so much! I am reminded of a picture I have of you in my room at the hotel in Seim Reap. You have your sweats, t-shirt, hotel slippers on while chugging on a bottle of ice water. I don't think that I've ever heard of Philosophy products before now. Is that just a mid western corn based line of products? Tee-hee?