Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! WOW...2008!!

This is my brood sharing dessert we brought back from PF Chang's, please stand back and watch your fingers and toes for that matter with this crowd!: The best laid plans...Skip and I tried so very hard to stay awake for the fireworks and ring in the New Year, we couldn't do it. The sad part, it was only 9:45pm and we went to bed. Taylor said he would wake us up. 2008 arrives and I wake up from the sound of fireworks so I go out to the lainai. The kids' room was completely dark and no movement from within. Guess Taylor won't be waking up! Skip rolls out of bed and joins me to watch the fireworks. I know everyone has seen fireworks so just putting one picture on here. They were good, but not as good as our Omaha one, believe it or not. The only cool thing was the fact that they were shot off in the ocean. So please use your imagination looking at this one picture:
The fireworks lasted about ten minutes. Back to bed we went, gave a quick squeeze to one another, wished Happy New Year and back quickly to sawing zzzzzzzz's.
This is the way to wake up in 'Paradise':

Why do I put the word Paradise in quotes? Because, paradise is where ever you are in the moment. For those of you that know me, you know I LOVE the snow and especially a good blizzard, that is paradise for me too. I love the four seasons really. I love Spring and watching the blooming of life, the green of the grass, the blooms of the flowers. Summer, I have to say my least favorite, BUT I love this season because summer is when my kids get to be kids and hang out with all of their friends all day and all night. We don't have to worry about schedules as much so it gives us all a time to relax! Fall, I love Fall! I have wonderful memories of walking each of my kids when they were young and not yet attending school and pushing them in the stroller and the leaves were falling on us as if it were a blizzard of leaves...it was so peaceful, just me and my baby...I have done this with each of my kids and if only I had a good camera back then, I would have taken pictures, but I truly enjoyed the moment with each of them.

As this is the new year, I stopped making new year's resolutions long ago because that put way too much stress and disappointment in my life if I didn't achieve the resolutions. I try to live life to it's fullest, anyone knows I love to have fun and live life with a sense of humor. I don't take myself too seriously, I can laugh at myself. And how lucky am I that I found my soulmate at such a young age and we balance each other out so well. I am thankful that Skip can laugh with me and at me too and we can laugh at each other and most importantly, with each other. We both know when to turn on our maturity switch, but life is too short to always have that switch on! This is the way I live life, I am not saying how anyone else chooses to live their life is wrong. Remember, this is my blog and my thoughts only. No judging from me; I've been judged all my life so I try not to judge others. Just live your life like you want to, not how others want you to.

1 comment:

Judee said...

Hi Kiddo's

WOW! What a beautiful trip you are having.
Happy New Year Everybody! 2008 is going to be Great! And people said it was the end of the world when we hit 2000. No way, there's too much to enjoy in our lifetimes.

Love & hugs
Mom, Nana