Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The End...

Our last official night in Hawaii...sad, yet will be nice to be home. Home is always great; you get to sleep in your own bed(Skip and I will actually sleep together again! We've been sleeping in separate beds this whole vacation, now is that sad when in 'paradise'?); use your own favorite pillow; use your regular sized toothpaste; use regular sized shampoo and conditioner; have more space than just a bathroom and a bedroom; not having to live out of a suitcase; having my own ice maker; not having to drink out of plastic cups; and no more sand in places we can't speak about. But now who is going to make our beds daily? Who will give us clean towels daily? Who will pick up our trash daily? Who will deliver room service? Who will tidy up our room daily? Guess it's back to reality! We've had a great trip. Everyone has been having a good time. Skip has really been sooo good about relaxing and getting everything out of this trip. I think our credit card survived and so did Skip's blood pressure.
Today we went to Diane's mother's place for a traditional Japanese/Hawaiin New Year's Day family feast. We had a nice visit with all of Ken and Diane's family. My family was gracious to take time out of their day to come along with me. We then HAD to get back to our hotel and get out in the sun, the sun actually showed up today! We spent a relaxing time in the ocean and/or catching rays on the beach then next to the pool. I've been blessed with great kids and a wonderful husband. I know I am very lucky to be able to give my kids this type of vacation. But I know for Skip and I, it's all about family and living in the moment together! Tomorrow, Skip and the kids will go parasailing. I will be in charge of taking pictures. This will be Kora's first time parasailing, we have all done it before in Maui, Kora was only 3 years old then. What a great way to end a vacation in paradise, flying in the air like a bird! Aloha and love to all!

3 comments:

Lynlee Young said...

Have fun today your last day in the sun and fun... we've missed you all so much! See you soon! Love to you all, and save travels...

The Young's

Judee said...

What a great trip you've all had this past week. It was fun to see so much sharing, caring and activities. Have a safe journey home.

Love & hugs
Mom, Nana

AMY said...

Sounds like a fabulous day! Ahh...the thought of sun on my skin right now sounds sooooo good.