Thursday, January 17, 2008

Winter 101 for my Sistah OA

I love Winter...it is so beautiful, so as my kids were all wishing for a snow day today, I was anticipating how much snow I would have to shovel. Call me crazy, but I actually like to shovel. So this is our house sparkling with the newly fallen snow:The side of our house, isn't it beautiful!So, no snow day for my kids, they were bummed, but hey then they still get out of school before the end of May. With my hubby out of town, it's up to me to clear off the driveway. This is our snow blower, love using it, it's so powerful and really makes quick work of removing the snow:
But I chose to use this:And Sistah OA, I got this much accomplished before 7:45am:Then after my youngest left for school, it was back outside for me to tackle the rest of the snow. The snow was the light and fluffy kind, that is why I chose the shovel, plus I get a workout in at the same time! I bundle up, sorry, no picture of me, didn't think of that. I actually take my time shoveling, I enjoy it that much. The sun is shining more and the snow is sparkling like diamonds and what girl doesn't like diamonds?!! Maybe that is why I love the snow so much! After half an hour, this is the end result:
And this:I didn't enjoy this part as much, I felt the wind and cold more and the sidewalk seemed endless, but still no complaining from me. I am no longer a perfectionist, but I am particular about my shoveling. We are on the corner so we get the majority of the plowed snow and the end of the driveway gets all the big chunks of snow and sand so I have to clear that too. Not nearly as fun doing it over and over again thru/out the day when the plow keeps coming, but at least they are out.
Sistah OA, I am only giving you a hard time because of your 'winter' day with ice on your windshield and your 'ice scraper' was a cd cover. I love my weather channel and the daily weather forecast, therefore, I am prepared for what is to come the next day and I can plan the start of my day. I hope that your day started off better, but you did make me laugh and I thank you for that. I could so picture all of you during your morning! Love and Hugs to you!

2 comments:

AMY said...

LOL! I can see you out there with your shovel. You crack me up. The lines are so straight! Yeah, that amount of snow would have shut down most of our hometown. It was perfectly delightful snow angel snow. (Didn't that sound like Anne of Green Gables?) Skippy out of town? No wonder you using the shovel instead of the blower! Loved the pictures. Tanka! Tanka!

Oh, and I have an idea for a book..."Adventures Out Of The Hat." Then we would have to experience the adventure before we write about it.

AMY said...

Comment from #1: That would be a no snow day for me, if I was in public school (she says this a little sarcastically). I want to go to Nebraska...I like the pictures.