Monday, March 10, 2008

How does 18 years...

Feel like 26 years?!! Because that is how long my hubby and I have been together!! Today is our 18th wedding anniversay though we started dating when we were 14 years old!! OMG, that is so young when I think of my son being 14!! And to tell you the truth, girls scare me nowadays so I am very protective of my son. He doesn't have a girlfriend right now, but oh gee...scares me, he doesn't know about girls enough to be ready. Do I sound like a mom or what?!! I just know how girls were when I was 14 so to think of girls today...yikes!
So how will we celebrate our anniversary today? Just like any other day because it is Monday, but have no fear! We were able to celebrate Saturday. We went and saw Mama Mia at the Orpheum at the matinee. We had missed this show when it was originally here and heard it was a fun show to see, so I took the opportunity to order the tickets when I heard it was coming back! Little did I know how good I was at planning...we got front row seats and almost directly centerstage too! The seats were great, more than great! We had a good laugh over having front row seats, as when my hubby planned a date to see Rent, we ended up in the very last row of the entire Orpheum theater and the cast members looked like ants, literally, but the music was awesome! Shows how far we have come in 18 years...we always talk about the good ole days and the days when we were broke!! Makes us appreciate what we have today.
After a great show, and we recommend to everyone you see this show(even if you don't like ABBA songs)we went out to dinner. What a nice, quiet celebration dinner and we got a dessert free in honor of our anniversary. So from what I ordered, which was a three course meal, we ended up with two desserts...yikes I was full! But it was all delicious!
If a show and dinner weren't enough, we then went to a movie!! Wow, that is unreal for us to have this much time on our hands to go out for an entire day, evening, and night date! It was so nice to be alone together for this length of time. I think from this week on, our alone time will be few and far between so we truly enjoyed ourselves. It was a great way to celebrate our 26 years together, a.k.a. our 18th wedding anniversary!
Now on with our busy week...along with me coughing...ugh! When will I stop getting sick?!!!!

No comments: