Monday, March 31, 2008

Just another Manic Monday...

It's the last day in March and 'April showers bring May flowers.'..and 'it is raining cats and dogs' here...How many quotes can I say in one sentence?!! It's Monday, the start of the week and my teenager has to start it off for me with complaining and whining about her current prom dress we bought in Hawaii!! Apparently it's not pretty enough now. It won't make her look beautiful for her boyfriend because it's not 'form fitting'....what?? Why the heck even buy the dress in Hawaii in the first place then? She wants a dress from the store Black/White. Won't other girls have the same dress then? Her response, 'It's a huge prom!'. No kidding, but the dress from Hawaii is less likely to be the same as buying one from a local store.
She says she will buy the dress herself, uhhh we control her allowance. Things we buy for her because she just loves them, she either never wears or she only wears once. So why would we want to keep this same pattern? Do we ever learn? Parents out there, you know our pain right? So what do we do...
She leaves by saying goodbye to her younger sister and nothing to me. Then she texts me from school saying she is sorry for just walking out. I text her back saying thank you for the apology. I can't win, she texts back saying my response sounded mean. I don't even respond back to that one.
Great way to start my week huh? And to think, we will be spending an entire week in NYC 24/7 as one big happy family starting Saturday...

No comments: