Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pay it Forward

I thought yesterday was going to be a relaxing and not so harried day, well it didn't turn out quite so tranquil. As I was looking forward to my lunch out, I received a call and that started it...now I'm running a tad late for my lunch!
My organizing an event for next month has taken up quite a bit of my time, but the light at the end of the tunnel came yesterday, or so I thought. The call I received before lunch threw that all out the window. Did I have to start all over again?
I had a nice lunch so went to the grocery store for a few things my family needed. My brain was continuously thinking of ways to solve the dilema of the plans I had thought were done. So much has been happening around me lately and most of it has been very sad and then put this on top of it and I was trying desperately to think positive.
As I am waiting in line to check out, I made small talk with the cashier and the lady ahead of me and something came over me to say, 'let's turn this day around and really think positive' so I decided to pay for the lady's groceries ahead of me. Of course she insisted that I didn't need to do that, but I insisted back and told her to have a great day and enjoy the rest of her week. It was a very beautiful day out too and so many people have been complaining about our winter(I'm not one of them as I love winter)and I am tired of people complaining...the calendar still says 'winter', let's not rush it.
Truth be told, the lady's groceries total cost was only $9.00, but it wasn't about the total. I've never done anything like this, I've never been brave enough but with all that has been going on around me, I have really focused on my family and how blessed we are and I just wanted to pay it forward. I want people to start looking at all their blessings, however big or small and truly appreciate them. I know it's been tough out there with today's economy, people's health, and family situations, but I hope more people will start paying it forward and appreciate some of the little things in life. I have made it a point to thank people for their efforts and hope they, in turn, will pay it forward in any form.

1 comment:

Cassani Family said...

The Movie "Pay it Forward" has a special significance in our lives. It was because of the profound effect that movie had on us, that we made a difficult decision. We decided to go forward with an adoption of our son from China. It has not been easy. We have had ups and downs. We know in the long run, that we are changing his life, as he has changed ours. We know we have much to be grateful for . As our son's amazing (attachment) therapist said today, "Don't thank me for my help. Just pay if forward." We have been blessed to receive many miracles. We hope to help others experience miracles too. Adriana, Mom to almost 9!