Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"Mom Sense"

Funny what comes out of the mouths of babes...as I am sitting with my youngest daughter before school, I smell something not too pleasant in the kitchen, but my daughter can't smell it. She says to me, "Maybe because it's your 'mom sense' that you can smell it and I can't".
I think she is right. I always talk about my sixth sense to my family and I think they finally believe me that I do have this 'mom sense'. It freaks my family members when I say or do something and it happens. This sense isn't anything paranormal, I think we all have this ability. Some of us just have our senses on higher sensitivity mode and I believe most moms do.
Moms are able to multi-task and still hear the kids talking to dad when dad isn't listening! No, I am not 'dad bashing' at all. I have a wonderful husband and he is a wonderful dad to our children. I'm just talking about how there is something inside us mothers that we feel so much more than what is happening at the moment.
I'm so glad for my mom sense, I consider it my common sense and therefore, makes me the mom I am today, maybe not the greatest, but I try my best!

1 comment:

AMY said...

Yeah, but what was the stink?