Friday, December 2, 2011

Can't We All Just Get Along?!

The no access to internet via iPad is really getting old.  We had an easy morning at the Hilton so would have been nice to be on the computer with so much spare time after breakfast.  We had  until 1:00 until we would be taken to our other hotel for the rest of our stay.

When we arrived and checked into our rooms, we found out, once again, that there is no wireless internet connection in the rooms...ugh!  Frustrating!  But there was wireless available on the first and second floors.  Ok, at least that was something!  So after I lightly unpacked and got the lay of the room, I decided I would go to the first floor to use the internet.  

First I called my friend's room, no answer, twice.  I decided to go knock on her door, no answer.  I went to the first floor to get on the internet, things weren't syncing correctly so the person at the desk helped me get it on my iPad.  I had him call my friend's room too, no answer.  I began figuring out which chat feature to use, Google?  Facebook?  I couldn't figure out the Google one so I went on Facebook.  But now how was I going to get my hubby to get on too so we could chat?

I turned on my cell phone and  sent an email and an instant message then quickly turned it off, those darn data rates are adding up!  No reply, no show on Google chat or Facebook.  Frustrating!!

I then go back up to knock on my friend's door, still no answer!!  Where the heck was she?  I went back down to the first floor, got online and was desperate to get my hubby online, but HOW??  A friend from high school sent me a chat on Facebook and asked if I wanted her to call my hubby for me, she had done it before for another friend.  I had just tweeted to my oldest daughter to call her dad and have him get on Facebook chat.  Sure enough, she tweeted back and said she got a hold of him and was everything ok.  Yes everything was ok except for the part of not being able to get a hold of your dad!

Another tweet to my daughter to see if she had actually talked to her dad, yes she had,  he had been asleep.  And boom, I see him on Facebook chat...finally!  Well, he wasn't a happy camper, to say the least.  He always gives me a hard time about me getting my times and days mixed up, especially when I am somewhere internationally.  He asked me if I knew it was midnight his time, so what!!  Didn't he want to hear from me and know I was safe in my new hotel?  Geesch!  Yeah, yeah, it's not fun getting a call at midnight from your oldest daughter from college, but wow, what a great idea I had cuz it worked!

So now we were both mad, him because I woke him up and me because I felt disappointed that he wasn't too happy to chat with me.  How the heck else are we gonna be able to catch up when I am in Korea and don't want to spend a gazillion dollars paying for international data charges and roaming on my cell phone!!!

Soon my friend had come downstairs, she had forgotten what room I was in and was going to ask the front desk.  She had been on the second floor using the wireless internet since she, too has the iPad.  Come to figure out, we both would have been out of luck if we brought our laptops because we both own MacBook Air's and they don't have an ethernet connector.  So there, I was right about telling my friend not to bring her laptop.

I continued to chat with my hubby for a little bit, but I really needed to go so we could go shopping at the store I always go to when I am in Korea, but this time we had to take the subway to get there since we are staying at a different hotel.

We made it to Itaewon and immediately went to the vendor I know, sure enough, she remembered me!  And there it was, the gong my friend had wanted since she had seen mine I had gotten a few years ago.  Boy did I do some shopping too!  But don't get too excited, I bought the majority for the auction.  

I had quite the load to carry all the way on the subway and to the hotel, but my friend helped carry the gong.  We were all getting tired and hungry so back to the hotel to drop off everything.  And who do we run into on our way, but our beloved travel coordinator for Holt Korea!  What was he still doing here?  He was going to the hotel to welcome another one of our friends and her son that were arriving soon, how great!  We can all have dinner together! And so we did, it was so nice catching up.  Debbie is my Gift tour buddy, we have been going on this tour together for what, four years?  I think this is our fourth one together.

Dinner was great, as usual, heck it's Korean food!  Once we got back to the hotel, I was able to get online again.  It was about 6:25am Omaha time and there I see my hubby was online!  We chatted a bit and I chatted with my daughter before she went to school.  My hubby then had to go to work but got online to chat a little more.  See, we can get along!  It was awesome being able to catch up with him, he's such a great person, think he has a bigger heart than I do, seriously!  I love him dearly!!  

No comments: