Saturday, December 24, 2011

Our Christmas Letter to Everyone


A Very Beanie Christmas 2011
Merry Christmas to all!!!!  Let me introduce myself, my name is Bean.


I am five months old and a toy Pom.  You can also call me Beaner, Beano, Beanster, Sir Bean of Beanington, well you get the point!  I am the star of a daily pictorial on Facebook (should be called Dogbook!) so if you would like to follow me, you can find me under my mom, Kim Anderson Hanson and the theme is “The Daily Bean”.

I have a unique view of the world because I am 7 inches tall.  I live with this great family, the Hanson’s. My primary “owner” is a wonderful girl named Kora. She has pictures of this Justin Bieber kid on every wall!  She is so nice. Because of her I know how to sit, shake, switch paws, lie down and sometimes roll over.  I also get to pick her up from 8th grade.  She is very busy after school and I don’t get to see her all the time because she is a competitive cheerleader for Elite Cheer. I know this because I like to chew all the workout clothes on her floor.  I also play with her friends when they come over and she has a lot of friends.  I feel special because Kora always wanted a dog and now she has one.  She spoils me.

Speaking of spoiled, there is this big guy who drives a red Camaro named Taylor.  Although his singing makes me bark, he is fun too.  I like to lie on him and chew rawhide bones.  He plays with me and does a funny dance every time his favorite football team scores.  I am an honorary member of the Three Muska-“schlumps”. A “schlump” is someone who spends all day Sunday watching football games in a snuggie!  Taylor is not lazy all the time.  In fact he works at a grocery store called Hy Vee.  Taylor is always talking about going to college next year after he graduates in May.  He is going to be a Husker!  I thought that was a dog, but it is the University of Nebraska-Lincoln mascot.  I guess his red car will fit in well down there!

I don’t like to ride in cars that much because I am so little, but I have taken 4 big car rides to Northwest Missouri State University.  My Family and I like to go visit Erika.  She is really pretty, and she loves to see me!  I can’t see her all the time because she is so busy at her college.  She is a super brainey student, a Student Instructor Supervisor, a Student Ambassador, and all this other stuff that is Greek to me.  She also is very busy with bunch of letters like the LSAT, wanting to go to another school in NYC, and wanting to work for the FBI.  She also really likes a guy named T-O-D-D.  I love playing with toys and all kinds of balls.  Todd likes to kick balls on Saturdays through two yellow sticks.  I can’t wait until Christmas because they will be home all the time and I will be allowed to go into Erika’s room!

I sleep in a room all my own in the basement.  Every morning, the biggest Hanson family member wakes me up, let’s me go potty and plays with me.  I watch him ride a bike that literally goes nowhere.  He leaves early in the morning with Taylor and Kora and comes back just in time for dinner.  I heard he goes to a place called West and he just celebrated his 20th year there.  That is like 140 years to me!  Sometimes I hear him say that too!  I like to call him Papa bear.  He didn’t think he would want a dog again, but he really loves me.  I am pretty darn cute.  He plays with me a lot!  His singing bothers me, though and I let him know it!

Speaking of someone who plays with me all the time – mom, as Kora and Taylor, call her.  I really missed her because she spent the past two weeks in South Korea with the Holt Christmas Gift Team celebrating the 50th year of the Ilsan Orphanage.  She really missed her family and especially me, but she had a great trip living her mission to find all children a family.  She has been so busy since I joined the family in August.  Not only did she potty train me, but she also supervised all these people working in the back yard.  I don’t know what they were doing, but now they are gone and it looks great back there.  Though I am considered an indoor dog, I love being outside and chewing on everything and making my family chase after me.  This white wet stuff that comes out of the sky is so cold, but I love it!!

I get to spend most days with “mama bear” as she keeps track of everyone, where they are going, how long they are gone and what they have to do next.  Right now, our house is full of lights and trees that I love to run around and play under!  This is a pretty fun place to be and I love it here.  If you are ever in Omaha, come and see me.  I’ve explored every inch of my house and there’s plenty of room for you.

It is going to be a great 2012, wishing all of you human family and friends many blessings!

With Love and Blessings from all of us! ~Skip, Kim, Erika, Taylor, Kora, and of course, Beaner!

No comments: