Monday, December 19, 2011

Forgiving is Always the Hardest

It took me a long time to forgive others for certain things.  It took me until my adulthood to realize I have to forgive in order for me to live a life of true happiness and not wallow in the darkness of not forgiving.  Though one thing is true, I don't forget a thing.  I've become pretty good at forgiving now, it's the forgetting.  So is there a difference?  Can I truly forgive if I can't forget?  I feel like I can forgive without forgetting.  

There have been many things in my life, many life-changing things, that have happened in which I have had to forgive.  This time around, I'm really having to dig deep into my faith to forgive.  I think it's the deep hurt and disappointment, anger, and pure shock of it all that is making it hard for me this time.  This not only effects me, but so many others and is something that I hold dear to my heart.

I don't claim to be perfect and I have made my share of mistakes in life, so I will forgive, once again, but this will stay with me for awhile.

1 comment:

Debbie Dunham said...

I'm so sorry about whatever happened, Kim. I think forgiving and forgetting are two different things. Until someone comes up with a mind sweeper, we cannot take away the memory of hurts we have felt, but we can forgive the one who did the hurting. My heart is with you.