Monday, December 12, 2011

I am So Out of Sorts

I didn't think I would have that bad of jet lag as I usually do since I slept well the night before and I didn't nap all day yesterday.  I got a couple of hours of sleep last night, then I was wide awake.  Part of my lack of sleep was due to the sore throat and coughing.  That's what I get for being stuck in babyland on the plane!

Also, the memories of my week in Korea keep flooding back.  It was such a roller coaster week, a great week, but wow, the emotions were rolling!  I thought I was a pro at this since I have been on this trip five times now.  I should know better, I cry during a commercial!  This was also my ninth trip back to Korea, still a crier.  It's not only the places and children we see during this trip, but it's also the people within the group that make me cry, both happy tears and sad tears.  Every trip, I bond with the majority of the people on the team.  I really consider them a part of my family.  But this part of my family, I may never see again, but maybe a few.  At least I can keep in touch with them via social networks and annual Christmas letters.

It's always a process of decompressing from a trip like this.  I always think I can do it quickly, but I'm wrong.  I walk around my house not knowing what day or time it is and I miss being in the group.  I don't miss the hotels tho.  I love being home and in my own bed.  I just wish everyone lived closer to me or would be able to visit more often.  To everyone I have taken this trip with, I miss you and think of you often and thank you for sharing such a special trip with me!

No comments: