Sunday, December 11, 2011

Detox From Kimchee

I'm not sure what day it is after returning home from Korea.  I always have such a hard time keeping track of the time and day with jet lag.  I'm just glad to be home and got rest in my own bed.  If I would have been on my scheduled flight home, I would still be in the air via Minneapolis and arriving home in half an hour.  That would have been entirely way too long for me and I would have been a mess!  Thank goodness I was able to get on the early flight home yesterday and that I got such a nice ticket agent.  The cost was only $50, but it cost me $100 for my check in luggage.  I would have paid anything tho to get on the flight!

I'm not sure what day I left off of my day in Korea.  When I can't keep up on my blog in Korea, I tend to lose what day it is.  The last two days of the tour consists mainly of fun activities so it goes by quickly.  We had a great team this year, double the size of what since we were celebrating Holt Ilsan's 50th anniversary.  A lot of great people, great diversity.  I treasure these teams as I make life long friends from all across the country.

We didn't get to bring any babies home to the U.S. but after being stuck in 'baby land' in the airplane from Seoul to San Fran, I'm kinda glad I didn't have to worry about a baby too, tho it would have been nice to bring someone's baby home for Christmas.  I was very tired tho, didn't get much sleep the night before we left and tried to get sleep on the plane which is virtually impossible being stuck in economy, which I don't know how others who are taller than me can stand, at least I can move my legs around and squeeze my whole body onto the seat if I want to.

I will miss Korea, I always love going there.  I feel at home there even tho I don't speak Korean, I feel very comfortable there.  It's my home away from home.  I know I will return in two years.  Until then, I'll treasure my memories in my heart.

No comments: