Friday, December 2, 2011

Negative Nelly

Negative Nelly

Thought I would start off my trip with everything that was negative.  My day did start off slow-paced thanks to not having to catch an early morning flight.  I hung around the house with Beaner and finished packing.  

Good part of leaving was my house was being cleaned that day.  My hubby left work early to drive me to the airport.  I gave Beaner an extra loving squeeze.

My hubby isn't patient at the airport, he doesn't like to travel like I do.  I had two very large suitcases to check in and one to carry on.  Once we parked the car and went inside the airport and saw the line at the ticket counter, I told my hubby to leave and go back to work.  He said he would wait with me for a little bit....

There seemed to be two lines for some reason, we stood in the line that was the regular line.  Both lines weren't moving a bit.  Hubby kept looking at the ticket counter to see how many ticket agents were working and in his words, if they were even doing anything to help.

I kept telling hubby to go to work and that I could handle checking in by myself.  No, he'll stay just a little longer...okay...I was trying to figurine out if the line we were standing in was only for the Chicago passengers since O'Hare was having major travel problems, delays and cancellations.  Both lines continued to grow with more people coming.  

Finally it was my turn to go to the self check-in kiosk.  I never understood why we eve bother to check in online then have to check in at the kiosk at the ticket counter and still wait for a ticket agent, seems like nothing really speeds things along. 

I got checked in and waited to hear my name for my checked in luggage.  I have to be proud of myself again, as my one heavy suitcase weighed 49.5 pounds at home and weighed in at exactly 50 pounds at the airport scale.  My second suitcase was not even 40 pounds, but that was just full of the back belts for the house mothers at Ilsan.

As the ticket agent is putting the tags on my luggage, we notice that they are checked all the way thru to Seoul...what?  I am staying overnight in Eugene first!  I needed my one bag, so I ask if I can have the one checked to Eugene and the other one can be checked thru to Seoul.  The ticket agent went to another computer and started typing away, you know how that goes, they seem to type forever for something that seems so easy.  Anyway, she came back and had the one bag stopping in Eugene, thank goodness!  It's tough nowadays to pack toiletries and fit it all in 3 oz containers, who can do that?  Oh yeah, males can do that, lucky them!

So my hubby is STILL with me and goes up to security with me...shouldn't he be going to work by now?  What a sweetheart, but seriously, I have traveled by myself many times before!  As I am going thru the line at security, I look back to see that my hubby is yet again, STILL there!  He finally leaves when I go thru and I can't see him anymore.  He's truly a worrier.  I haven't traveled internationally for two years and he acts like it's been forever since I have traveled, but I was just out of town a month ago.  He just loves me that much, I'm a lucky girl.

Wow, this is really starting to be boring, but what else is there to do on a 13 hour flight?  I finished watching the Nanny Diaries with Julie and looked at my watch and we have only been in flight for three hours....seriously??  Gonna be a loooong flight!

Anyhoo...My flights from Omaha to Denver to Eugene went well and without anything bad happening.  The only issue I encountered was having no armrest abilities due to the person sitting next to me.  Oh, had that same thing this morning from Eugene to San Fran.  Why is it I always manage to sit by people that hog the armrest?

  I did manage to catch a bite to eat while in Denver, not my usual chips and salsa I always have when I am at DIA.  I tend to do that, have the exact thing everytime I am there, but this time I didn't have as much time as I usually do, which was fine with me.

I got into Eugene and there was my best friend, Julie picking  me up along with her hubby!  How sweet of them!  When I got to Julie's house, of course she fed me like the Korean mother she is!  She had made some wonderful soup and had some of her homemade kimchee for me, now that was the way to start my trip!  But the fun soon had to stop, I needed to get showered and to bed, 3:30 A.M. was going to come awfully quick!  By the time I got showered and repacked, it was already 11:30pm, so I probably got around 3 hours of sleep off and on.  I get so paranoid when I am sleeping and HAVE to wake up at a certain time.

Though we all left Julie's house later than we had planned, everything went smoothly at check in.  I did manage to see that my one suitcase stated it weighed 51.5 pounds, how did it manage to gain weight overnight?  I didn't add anything new to it!  I didn't get charged for it, thank goodness!

After arriving in SFO, Julie and I had a nice breakfast while Zoe waited at the gate with all of our luggage.  Julie and I always have fun when we are together, we truly are like sisters.

We managed to get all three of our seats together and got lucky that the fourth seat was never occupied so at least Zoe has room to lay down a little, which she has been doing since take off and when lunch was served, the fight attendant looked at her and asked her if she needed a doctor!  Too funny.  Of course, I have pictures to share too.

So now here I am, typing away on my ipad while everyone sleeps and it's 3:00pm pst.  Did I mention it was going to be a long flight?  Oh, to continue on the Negative Nelly track, three of my nails broke!  I had to cut down all my other nails because they looked odd with the broken nails.  And when my nails break, they break way down.  Now I feel like I can't function with such short nails.  Even typing is different since I usually type with my nails and not my fingertips.

Okay, will let go of the negativity and post a couple of fun pics.  I will try to blog as much as I can during this fast and busy week!  Hopefully the other entries won't be as boring as this one!

No comments: