Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Being a Little Kid

And I am talking about myself. A week ago, my hubby told me that he finally thought of an awesome birthday present for me...well that did it! I wanted to know right then and there what it was! "Tell me! Tell me! I will let you know if it is awesome or not!" Hee! Hee! Didn't work. He wouldn't tell me but continued to tell me that it was awesome...ugh!

So then we were at Costco last Saturday and of course, I stop by the jewelry and look at the shiny objects and say to my hubby, "Is my awesome gift this shiny and sparkly?" He just rolled his eyes at me and then went on a rant about how difficult I am when it comes to gifts and how I tell him NOT to get me anything yet I talk about jewelry every time I see it. (Though, we don't buy our jewelry at Costco, we know a wholesaler for this sort of thing). Okay, so I LOVE jewelry, REALLY love jewelry. Did I say I love jewelry? I wear all of my jewelry too, why keep it in the box? That is why I am so picky about it.

But really, how many rings can I wear on a daily basis? Right now, I only wear rings on both my ring fingers so it's not like I have every finger used up already. That's NOT the look I am going for.

What is it that I'm looking for then? A big ole rock like you see on the big movie stars' fingers? Cha, that would be nice, but have you seen the price tag for those? And yes, you probably guessed it, I demand quality diamonds and jewelry, no fauxs, no man made, the real thing honey. No wonder I drive my hubby crazy. I am very picky. I even have a wish list at our jeweler, how easy is that?!

When it comes right down to it, I can't push the 'enter' button and make the purchase or have my hubby make the purchase because trust me, he would buy me whatever I wanted in a heartbeat.

I am really bad too, my youngest daughter, she is more excited about my birthday than I am and she can't wait. So I try to get it out of her what the awesome gift is. She's better at keeping a secret now that she is older, but when she was five years old, she spilled the beans about every gift the family had gotten me before my birthday. I know, I know, I was mean for 'workin' her and taking advantage of a little girl. But that's me, I'm a little kid still and I WANT TO KNOW NOW!!

I promise, I won't try to get it out of my daughter...I can wait until Saturday...I think...

1 comment:

Little Lesiw said...

Okay... we are SO alike on this!!! Awhile ago, I had a serious conversation with my husband about if he gets me something, or thinks of an idea, he CANNOT tell me before hand (if he wants to keep it a secret) because if he tries to 'tease' me about having a 'surprise' for me, I will literally beat it out of him. ;)

In my opinion, even if you tell me 'before' what it is, I'll still be SUPER EXCITED when I open it - so why wait in telling me? ;)

And the jewelry thing... again... I share your love for quality diamonds... once we're done with all this adoption stuff, my wish list will go back into top priority mode! LOL