Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Money for a Change

Awhile back, I had blogged about being frustrated with my kids and not appreciating what they have and so on. Some of the frustration was with myself and allowing this to continue. I had decided that both my older kids would get jobs this summer because all allowance would stop come June 1st.

You would have thought we had asked our oldest to pay us rent too by her reaction! She doesn't handle change well, she gets that from her father. Her idea of being home for the summer was being able to have fun....but for four months she wasn't going to work? Not in my book! She can have more fun if she has spending money, right? The very next day after the knock out drag out fight, she went job hunting.

My son had applied at several places, this being harder for him since he has no work experience. How does one get work experience if places want experience?

A few days of waiting was really getting to us, all of us! We were getting impatient. Our son got an interview and was offered a job right then and there, wow! But that store was going to be moving to a new location and would be even further from our house. He had another interview with the same store chain, closer location but the interview was six days away. I said to wait, my hubby wasn't so sure, my son was kind of disappointed, but we needed to be patient again and wait for the second interview.

Yesterday was the best day with both kids receiving job offers! And yes, my son will be working at the store that is closer to us. See what patience can do? He even starts training today after school! I'm so glad both will be working this summer and I know they will love having earned their own money! I am one happy Mama!

No comments: