Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Migraines are a Pain in the...

Obviously the head, but really they are a pain in the patooty! I have had migraines for years and having a high pain tolerance, I am able to 'fake it til I make' and go on with my day like any other day. But seriously, when they last more than two days, it really gets me down. Trying to do just the normal things, keeping your eyes open, walking, talking, cooking, cleaning, laundry, driving, paying bills...I think you get the point.

Back in 1999, I was very sick of my migraines and demanded a CT scan since I have no medical history. Something was found, that I actually had a brain! Ha, ha, really, there was something but had no relation to the migraines, your brain itself doesn't feel pain, it's the outside nerves surrounding the brain that feels the pain.

Long story short, I had seven hours of brain surgery, I've written about this before on here. And so the migraines continue, lucky me. I have meds, but sometimes these things just want to keep me company for a few days, again, lucky me. I want to scream, but that would make it worse.

1 comment:

Little Lesiw said...

My mom used to get really bad migraines when I was in highschool (and all through out her life). When she would feel them coming on she'd drive to my high school and pick me up and then I'd drive her to the doctor (we lived an hour away from Kaiser). She'd get SUPER sick and have to get a shot. Then they finally gave her the shots to take home in case she needed them. But after menopause, they stopped completely. So I guess her's were hormonal.

I wish there was a magic cure. I'm so sorry that you have to live with them. But I think this should entitle you to at least one pampering day a WEEK - right? I mean, this is an extra burden you have to bear, so you should get SOMETHING out of it! ;)