Friday, May 14, 2010

Did I Really...

Need another appliance for my kitchen? Ever since we moved into our new house, I have loved everything about it BUT there are a few things I would change to fit our family better. Our old house, we built it the way we wanted it so buying an existing house was a change, but about 99% of this house we love so that's a great percentage!

In our old house we had a free standing stove/oven, my 'dream' stove at the time. It was a Maytag with the smaller oven at the top and regular sized oven below it, the luxury of two ovens at a cheaper price. My entire family loved this feature, especially when preheating for a pizza or other snack. The wait time for preheating was about five minutes.

We now have the built in double ovens. They look awesome, love em for mass cooking needs BUT for the frozen pizza cravings, the preheating times take FOR-EV-EEER! So I finally broke down yesterday and bought a toaster oven. I was fighting it all the way, first because that would entail spending money and second, because it would take up counter space and I like to have counters free of everything, and third, the cost of heating up a full sized oven bothers me(can you tell I have money issues?). But I also had a 20% off coupon for Bed Bath and Beyond, that made spending the money a little easier.

I had to laugh at myself at the store, it took me a good 20 minutes to decide on a toaster oven. I haven't used one since I was a very young child and I wanted just the right one. Of course I found one online that I really liked, found it at the store, but it was bigger than I had thought. I looked at all the other choices, I wanted one that looked a little more up to date than the kind from the 70's. I went back to the one I found online, but the clincher? Yeah, something as simple as the crumb tray. This one was located in the back and the other ones were accessible directly from the front.

I did end up buying a toaster oven, I was determined to buy one because I had my mind set on it and plus, I was already at the store just for that purpose! I hope it brings me all that I'd hoped for.

4 comments:

Little Lesiw said...

we LOVE our toaster oven in our house! :) Ours looks a little beat down, so maybe I need to get a new one... you put me in the mood! LOL

asian~treasures said...

You make me laugh! : )
Next to my crockpots, I love my toaster oven BEST! We use it all the time...especially in the summer for those oven-snacks. The toaster oven doesn't heat up my kitchen like the regular oven does.

-Stacy and Ted said...

Maybe I need to get on the toaster oven bandwagon?!? We don't, and never have, owned one... hmmmmm... Maybe I'm missing out! :)

Anonymous said...

I used my toaster oven! I roasted whole bulbs of garlic for Saturday's dinner, worked great! Stacy, I am a newbie for owning a toaster oven, so jump on the band wagon, now my kids are thrilled to heat up quick snacks without having to wait 20 minutes to preheat.