Monday, May 10, 2010

Birthday Gift

So I had mentioned I could barely contain myself regarding what my family got me for my birthday. And in my usual persuasive way, I was able to sweet talk my family into giving me my present a day early! They didn't have it wrapped, I didn't care, that's a waste of paper anyway! I closed my eyes and I had to guess what it was.

OK!!! I have to come clean! I knew what it was already!!!! Tuesday night, as I drove my youngest daughter home, she burst out with how excited she was for my birthday. Then she continued to talk about her phone upgrade and what she was going to pick. Trust me, I was just listening. She went on about the the iPod and iPad....BINGO!! That was it! I know she felt bad immediately, so I let it go. To tell you the truth, I was a little deflated that I had guessed it.

Sure enough, my present was the iPad. I acted very surprised and I was truly excited about it. I had been talking about it ever since they came out, but my usual self, I could not bring myself to buy it. I am typing on my iPad right now. I am getting used to the touch keys and all the apps, my youngest loaded them on here. I only play the bubble wrap game, the rest she plays. She loves this thing!

This is a pretty amazing toy, I can check my emails and everything so I really don't need my tiny laptop, do I? Especially since the letter i is still sticking The Apple store was out of the iPad case so I ordered it online, of course! There were other cases available, but not the original one.

My family is the best, they spoil me rotten and know me so well. Now if I can just purchase the online books I'd be in heaven. It's hard for me to buy regular books in the store, I feel like it's a big waste of money when I don't read the books again. I know, I know, I talk about
enjoying life and doing things for yourself, I'm trying! And I am getting better.

Always a busy weekend around my birthday with Mother's Day too. I have an entire weekend of being spoiled. Life is good and my family is AWESOME!!

2 comments:

Jaci Monaghan said...

Happy Belated Birthday

AND

Mother's Day!

Your family is awesome to get your such a cool gift. Enjoy!!

Little Lesiw said...

Whoo - Hoo!

What a great present!!! And I LOVE the ibook feature - you won't be disappointed... although their 'library' isn't the biggest. But I saw that there was a 'Kindle' app that would allow you to get kindle books. I haven't tried it yet, but if you do, let me know how it works!!!

Have fun playing!!! ;)