Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Creating a Virtual Book Club

I do not profess to be a high tech person, but I learn from trial and error, more errors than I care for.

I have always loved reading and I can devour a book in a day, two days if I just have to pay attention to my family(ha,ha).

The past few years, I have not been reading. Life got busy, as do most people's lives. I put off reading because that for me was a luxury. I also had trouble purchasing an actual book, really. I would wait for friends to give me their used books and so my reading became more sporadic.

Now with the new technology of computers, Kindle, Nook, iPad, and even Blackberry, you can download the kindle. So with my newest gift of the iPad from my family, for some reason, I can purchase a book with no problem...I know, weird.

I read my first book on my iPad and I am hooked. So then I needed someone to talk to about the book I read so I posted on facebook. Now for my second book, I asked people on FB that I would like someone else to read it with me so I could have someone to talk to about it. A few responses and today, I created the virtual FB book club. Maybe I will be the only member, but that's ok. I can post my opinions of the book and if others want to post their opinions, then there ya go, great sharing. And to get book recommendations from others, bingo, home run.

Why not join a 'real' book club then in my area? I really don't have the time committment neccesary and with the virtual club, there are no time limits, no schedules, one can post when they have the time from anywhere. I'm feeling so high tech now. Anyone intersted, let me know, you can contact me thru here or on FB under Kim Anderson Hanson. Now let's get reading!

No comments: