Friday, May 21, 2010

Laptop vs. iPad

I was the only person in my family that didn't own an iPod. I really don't listen to music all that much anyway so I didn't need one. Then came the iPad. I was intrigued, just because it looked like a cool toy and that is how I looked it, as a toy. The laptop I have is the size of the iPad so I'm used to the small size.

My family gave me the iPad for my birthday, which really was a great gift, because they have a hard time thinking of things to get me. Usually I tell them not to get me anything so this was a nice surprise. Now that I've had the iPad for two weeks and have been able to play around with it daily, I use it ALL the time! It isn't a replacement for a computer, but really, it has replaced my laptop. I can check email, surf the web, keep a calendar, post on my blog, all the things I did on my laptop, not mention all the apps available. I read a book on this too and that was pretty cool.

I've had to really teach myself how to use this toy, but I'm figuring it out by trial and error, like I do most things that deal with techie things. I am not a computer person so I have to teach myself. I am looking forward to taking the iPad with me when I travel but I'm still waiting for the specific iPad case, very hard to find in the store so I ordered it online, of course. I wish I could transfer everything from my laptop to this, especially all my documents, but I can't all at once. I can email them to myself so maybe by the time I have to travel, I will have that completed.

So it looks like the iPad has won over my laptop. For my needs, the iPad works. For those in the business world, maybe better stick with the laptop. Good timing for this change since the letter "i" is still sticking on my laptop. I have joined the Apple world and I like it!

No comments: